From using treadmills with built-in notebooks to encouraging people to work from home, companies have seen a major shift in the way they approach work culture. Work software, employee intranet and employee engagement have taken the centre stage in the discussions of employee productivity. Workplaces are now happy places where there is extreme focus on collaboration, transparency and speed.
In recent studies, the impact of digital workplace adoption in various companies have been emphasized. A study by Gartner says that 56% of CEOs have reported tremendous growth in their revenue after implementation of digital transformation at the workplace. As the need to minimize operational hassles with multiple technology and to maximize productivity has become the prime focus in company strategies, the potentials of a digital workplace adoption is being widely explored.
Digital workplace transformation is implementing digitization in various processes that change the way people work and interact with the workspace. Although different companies adopt digitization in different ways, few end objectives remain common- simplification of work, increasing collaboration, reducing productivity leakage and increasing revenue growth. With the same objectives in mind, companies are adopting an employee centric approach to improve employee experience in each aspect of the workplace.
Why more and more companies adopting smart workplace technologies? What are the benefits?
- Operate at Peak Capacity – As digital workplace simplifies functions like enterprise resource planning, HRMS, CRMS and many others, there is higher efficiency and productivity in internal operations. With higher collaboration and low time leakage, the various components in the organization operate at their peak capacity.
- Dissolves Communication barriers – Smart offices report improved communication in individual teams and within departments. Collaboration in office spaces, interaction and engagement of the employee community increases. Smart offices also enhance work life balance with improved social connections, saving time loss and making different offerings at the workplace available to employees easily.
- Attract and retain top talent with better employee experience – Employees evaluate their workplace by the different touchpoints that they have at office. As digital workplaces have employee experience at the focus, employees have smooth day to day routines like meeting room bookings, smart cafeteria, smart access and much more. It also plays a crucial role in their motivation and engagement at work. Employees who have good workplace experience tend to recommend the company to others. Smart offices attract and retain top talents and stay relevant in the talent tight market.
- Improves collaboration – The talent pool in companies is diverse and working remotely, collaborating with distant team members is a part and parcel of present day work. Though collaboration is the key word, speed is equally crucial. Barriers in seamless collaboration can hamper work productivity and the experience people have at work. Digital collaboration tools facilitate communication, data sharing and transparency among employees working distantly.
- Solves the problem of Siloed technology – Breaking down Silos is crucial in making organizations and businesses agile. The right digital workplace solutions is a replacement for multiple Siloed apps working independently and give you a one stop solution for various operations like visitor access and food and beverages ordering.
- Space management hassles – Space is often the most valued asset of an organization and in certain cases most difficult to optimize. Digital space management solutions make space optimization achievable with real time data powered by AI and IoT. As a technology, it has transformed space allocation, utilization and planning. The latest technologies have made smart, hot desking, forecasting and planning easy and hassle-free.
- Connected spaces- cafeteria, meeting rooms – Connected work spaces are not only highly attractive to employees but also much more efficient and smoothly operated. Our interactions with our workspace are during day to day activities like meeting room booking, ordering food and managing visitors, monitoring energy, collaborating in a meeting space etc. With AI and IoT technology, the physical constraints in space dissolve and activities can be carried out through the mobile phone.
- Security and Access features- visitor management – A smart visitor access control system saves time and cost and on visitor management which is otherwise a time-consuming activity. Smart accesses systems not only manage access points but also maps the journey of the visitor. Check out how Jumpree provides an end to end visitor journey mapping.
- Increase in Revenue – Adopting digital workplace solutions brings simplification and unity in the way your workforce works. Ensuring a future proof strategy that offers more agility to the workforce makes a huge impact on company ROI in the long term.
Jumpree is a digital platform that enables your workspace optimization creating an improved employee experience. Know more.